Today I am going to discuss about how we can merge text from two separate columns in excel. 

Merge Text from Two Columns in Excel

Merge Text from Two Separate Columns

We type text in separate columns cells in same row, but sometime we required to merge text from different cells in same row to appear in single cell.

 Now you must understand I am talking about merging text but not merging cells, I have already explained about merging cells in my previous post. 

Merge Text from Two Columns in Excel 2

 

Now as you see I have added text in D5 and E5, But I want result to appear in H5 and for this we will use formula.

 As you see in above image we will type equal sign in H5 and search functions alphabetically. Here I am searching with C and after scrolling down i found Concatenate Function.

 

Merge Text from Two Columns in Excel 3

Now as you see in above image I have added Concatenate Function with formula.

=CONCATENATE(D5," ",E5). If you see there is a space between two quotation marks, It is used to separate text or words. You can merge text from 3 columns or even more as per requirement.

If you want to merge three columns cells like D5, E5 and F5, here is the formula.
=CONCATENATE(D5," ",E5," ",F5)

If there is more text in different columns to merge than you will use column with row numbers accordingly.

You can not only merge text from same row but also you can add text from different row cells or columns. Just you will have to use formula in the same way by adding their reference numbers